Chai Spiced Poached Pears
Healthy eating isn’t always about sticking strictly to a certain diet. Sometimes it is about healthy swaps. Swapping more unhealthy food choices for healthier ones. If you have a sweet tooth but don’t want all the refined sugar that comes with many desserts then this little number might be for you!
These are super easy and quick to whip up last minute as you will likely have these spices in the cupboard already. They are also a crowd-pleaser if you are having guests over and your guests will think they are way fancier than they are!
I would use pears that are about 1 day away from being ready to eat. If you wait too long they do go a bit too soft once baked.
- 2 pears
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch ground allspice
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cardamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- pinch ground cloves
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Cut pears in half and use a teaspoon to scrape out their cores. Place them flat side down into a baking dish.
- Place the rest of the ingredients into a bowl and stir to combine. Pour this over the pears.
- Bake for approx. 15 minutes uncovered, turning the pears over halfway through.
- Enjoy with cream or ice cream* with some of the juices.
*If you follow a gluten-free & dairy-free diet like me, the best vanilla coconut ice cream I’ve found is Pana Organics. No one will even know it’s gluten & dairy-free!