1 Bowl Gluten Free Banana Bread
- 3 medium ripe bananas (3 bananas yield approx 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- 3 Tbsp avocado or coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar *or other non-refined sugar
- 1/4 cup rapadura sugar *or other non-refined sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp maple syrup (depending on ripeness of bananas or could use honey)
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other dairy-free milk)
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill but you can use any or your own blend)
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free oats
*I use two different sugars just for variance of flavour and texture but you can use the same sugar.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mash banana in a large bowl. Add vanilla, egg, oil, sugar’s, maple syrup, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, diary-free milk and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Add almond meal, gluten free flour and oats and stir.
- Bake for 1 hour – 1 hour 15 minutes (I do mine for about an hour and 5/10 mins). When it’s ready it should feel firm and be crackly and golden brown on top.
- Let cool completely before cutting or it will be too tender to hold form. I know it’s hard because it will smell AMAZING but you need to wait so it doesn’t fall apart.
- I serve mine with butter but you could also serve with honey or as is.
- Store leftovers in a covered container for up to a few days. Slice and freeze for longer term storage.